Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Love

Here we are again
I am at your side
I help you keep going
I don’t know how


I try so hard
But you just don’t care
Your addictions are too important
Their pull is too strong


You love them
But I love you
They take you away from me
I’m left alone


If only you could see
Just how much I need you
All the nights I’ve cried for you
Everything I’ve missed for you


I wish you could get well
I wish I could help you
I just want more time
Just a little


Remember that day?
The last time?
I loved that day
You never realized it


I cannot leave you
Though I wish I could
I will be here for you
Being taken advantage of


Because this is love
And I cannot fight it

2 comments:

  1. There is amazing emotion. I love the fact that is speakes of a surcumstance that someone does not return the love you have for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the sort of love triangle from you to him/her, to their addiction. It really evokes such emotions, and allows me as a reader to connect and relate to similar experiences! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones