Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Impulse

Woman: Please, can we talk about this?

Man: I don’t think talking is going to help.

Woman: Yes it will. I need to explain.

Man: What possible explanation could you have?

Woman: Listen to me. I know I hurt you in the past and I’m so sorry but you weren’t there that night. You don’t understand.

Man: No, you’re right, I wasn’t there. I was sitting at home worried sick because I didn’t know where my wife was.

Woman: How many times are you going to make me apologize?

Man: You can apologize as much as you want, it won’t change what you did.

Woman: You have to know that I regret every action and every thought. I will never do that to you again.

Man: How am I supposed to believe you?

Woman: I’m your wife and you love me. I know you love me.

Man: I used to love you.

Woman: How can you say that? I made one mistake and I’ve apologized for it every second since the day it happened. That can’t change the way you’ve felt for the last 6 years.

Man: He changed the way you felt about me in just a couple hours.

Woman: That is not fair. I never stopped loving you.

Man: So it’s okay to sleep with someone who isn’t the man you love? Is that what you’re saying?

Woman: No. I’m saying I was stupid that night. I got myself into something I couldn’t get out of. You have to know that I never stopped loving you or forgot about you.

Man: Oh I see. So while you were with him you were thinking of me? That makes me feel so comforted.

Woman: No… that’s not what I mean.

Man: Okay so if you are being honest about 7 months ago than what happened tonight? Were you thinking about me tonight while you were upstairs with him?

Woman: I didn’t do anything with him tonight!

Man: You were alone with him for 30 minutes! How can you say nothing happened?

Woman: Because nothing did happen. I swear. I could never hurt you again like I did.

Man: I just can’t trust you. The part of me that fell in love with you wants to believe you but every other logical part of me just can’t.

Woman: I told him to leave. I said I never wanted to see him again.

Man: And that took a half hour?

Woman: Yes. I explained to him what I’m explaining to you now. I told him I loved my husband and that I would never love him. I told him that I regretted every second of that night and he meant nothing to me.

Man: So you don’t have feelings for him.

Woman: No, none at all. I love you and only you. Don’t you know that?

Man: I thought I did but now I’m not sure.

Woman: Please just remember how happy we’ve been together. How perfect everything has been. Remember that we are everything to each other.

Man: I know. I want to tell you I forgive you but I think it’s going to take some time.

Woman: So we can make this work?

Man: Yes. I think we can.

3 comments:

  1. This is very well-written. It sounds like a pretty intense situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really hard, but true situation. It was a good story lined though. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, I enjoyed reading it. But it is hard to take seriously now because i saw those kids in our class act it out.

    Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones